Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First week of summer break 2011

Hello everyone,
Well, it is the first week of my first summer break from seminary. Finals actually went pretty smoothly. I was honestly a little surprised at how well I felt that they went. I guess that we’ll see if my assessment is accurate when grades come. I don’t even know if I’ll get my grades before I go back. The past two quarters the grades were delivered to my campus mailbox but I do hope that they mail them so that I’ll see them this summer.

I managed to get everything moved over to my new room and get on the road as scheduled. I made it up to La Crosse a couple of hours before the wedding rehearsal so I stopped in at the store that I worked at while in high school to say hi to anyone that still worked there that I know. I found out that one of my friends there died of cancer a month or two ago… that was quite sad, she was a great lady.

The wedding rehearsal was very fun. The groom is one of my best friends from school. He and I used to shovel driveways together and do a lot of hanging out together. I do think that he is quite possibly the hardest working man that I know, and he really enjoys it. The wedding on Saturday was very nice too. The reception afterwards fit the couple greatly. It was held in the machine shed of one of the members of the groom’s family. They have a big area where we were able to set tables for supper and then a smaller area with a concrete floor where the DJ set up and the dance was held. It was cool to catch up with so many people from high school and to celebrate this special day with my friends.

On Sunday I went to an early Mass before going to the Lutheran church that the wedding had been at with the new couple and the groom’s family. I am very happy that they are making faith a strong part of their lives. After the Lutheran service I found out that one of my dad and his wife’s brother-in-laws had died. He lived in La Crosse so my dad and step-mom headed out here from where they live in Montana. I was able to see them today. And will see them a couple of more times before they head back.

Yesterday I had a meeting with the chairman of the Catholic committee on scouting, the vocation director, and the camp director for the Boy Scout camp that I will work at this summer. I am pretty excited about this. I will lead a chapel service every day that the scouts are there and arrange for a priest to come in for Mass once a week. I have some training for this starting this Saturday through next Tuesday.

Yesterday I also was able to spend some time with a good friend who is about to enter the novitiate for the religious community that she has been a postulant in for almost a year. She is both excited and nervous about this. It was great to spend time with her and her family. I really enjoy their company.

I think that this is about what has happened for the last week. So have a good one.

Peace,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment