Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting Ready 4---Moving tomorrow!!!

Wow, so I’m going to have to get through this one by covering a bit of ground quickly as I move to Mundelein Seminary tomorrow.

After the weekend of my blessing at Newman University Parish and meeting up with a great friend on that Monday I returned to work Tuesday-Tuesday. Work was pretty routine for me, but my boss accompanied me on a few things so that he would know where they were at. I also limited myself to finishing up on things and getting them close to completion if not completed instead of finding new issues to deal with. I had a few things that came up from members of the public that needed to be dealt with that were new, but I didn’t do a whole lot of new inspections to find new problems that couldn’t be resolved before I left.

After that 8 day stretch of work I got up early on Wednesday and flew out to Montana for a week to see my dad and his wife. It was great to get out there since they have lived there for three years and I have yet to visit them. I had a wonderful time seeing their house, the area they live in, and one of the few parts of the country that I haven’t experienced. This was a wonderfully relaxing trip… a few naps were taken, I slept in a bit (as much as I can), and went out to eat a bit. I got to see some of the sites in the area, cut a few trees down in my dad’s yard, and mostly just hang out.

I returned for three days of work after my trip to MT. This was even more occupied with wrap up work as the end was quickly moving in. I did my outprocessing, answered all of my boss’s questions about what issues were on going, and cleaned out my desk. I managed to stay amazingly busy for all but about the last two hours of those three days… I was glad for this, as I didn’t feel like I was slacking, and the last two hours of slow time showed me that I had planned properly and wasn’t scrambling at the end.

During the final 3 weeks or so in Iowa I was donating a bunch of items and selling a bunch on Craigslist. On the Wednesday night of my final week I went to my final session of the Bible Study program that I had been taking part in, I had been so busy of late, and with the vacation I hadn’t prepared for the Bible Study. I went to listen to the other people’s discussion and to say good bye to them. It turned out that we mainly just had a going away conversation. It was great. Thursday evening was my going away dinner with a couple of friends. I wish that more people could have come out, but I planned it kind of late, and got to say good bye to most people at other times.

On Friday evening, after my last day at work I went home and about went crazy packing my final stuff. I somehow found that I had a lot more stuff left than I had thought. After donating a bit more at the night drop at the Salvation Army I managed to fit everything into my truck so that I could drive home… including stuff piled on the passenger seat so that I had to arrange it just right to be able to see out of my side view mirror.

I didn’t end up leaving until about noon on Saturday because of the final packing and cleaning of my apartment. I drove towards my mom’s. I stopped at my brother’s to visit him, my S-i-L, and my nephew. My brother had run to the store so I didn’t get to see him… but I had spoken to him on the phone recently. I then finally made it to my mom’s house and carried in a bit of laundry to do, and a couple of things that will need to be stored at her house.

On Saturday night I went to Kornfest, the festival in the town that I had grown up in. I got to see Fr. Malin, and Sisters Bridget and Jean whom I had known since I was just a little kid. I was glad to see them and be able to talk with them before leaving. I also got to see a couple of great friends. I had a great time getting back to Kornfest for the first time in a few years.

Sunday morning my mom and I went to church with a wonderful lady who has volunteered to help me with the issue of owing money on my truck. She is a lady my mom has known from work for a long time and who has a heart of gold. She very excitedly volunteered to give me the money to cover my truck. I don’t feel quite comfortable just taking the money as a gift at this point… it seems so odd to have something like that, but I am willing to take an interest free/no payment loan for the time that I am in seminary. I may be willing to take the gift as an Ordination gift at that point… we’ll have to see. We went to breakfast after church and it was great to get to know her, I will most definitely add her to my prayer list, not because she loaned me the money, but because she is a wonderful person who has asked for prayers.

Sunday afternoon I went back to my mom’s and did the laundry I had brought in yesterday. I will be leaving in the morning. I hope to go to Monday Mass at St. Elizabeth’s in Holmen, then I have to go to the DMV to try to register my vehicle in WI and get a WI license again for the first time in quite a while, I am excited about this, but not sure how well it will work since I haven’t yet received mail in WI so can’t prove residency… we’ll have to see.

After the DMV I am going to head down to Mundelein. I will get in and hopefully a few of the guys who are already there will be able to help me carry stuff to my room. I will then have to begin the crazy task of unpacking. I am guessing that as I go through the unpacking I will find stuff that I didn’t donate or store that would be good for that. My mom and her husband are coming down in early October for family day at Mundelein so I will be able to give this stuff to them at that time.
Please keep me and all those in seminary in your prayers.

Peace,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment