Friday, May 17, 2013

Goodbye


Hello everyone,
This will be my last post to this blog as I have discerned that I should leave seminary formation for the priesthood.  There are some mixed emotions in this, sadness as I have been on this track for three years, so it is a part of me, but greater joy since I feel that this is what God wants me to do.  I have had very clear answer to my prayers asking God for guidance.  He has made it clear that the priesthood is not the route He wishes me to go at this point.  I say, “at this point” not because I am second guessing the decision, but simply because God works in mysterious ways and I don’t know all of where my life will go.

My time in seminary has been great: I have grown closer to God, learned a lot, and grown into a better man.  If you ever know a man who is considering the seminary and open to the possibility of the priesthood I hope that you will encourage him.  Some of them will go all the way to priesthood, some wont, but all of them will be better for it.

I am sorry that I have not been able to tell everyone of this decision individually.  I am even busier than ever as I am finishing the academic year and still fully involved in the formation process until the day I walk out of here.  I am also job hunting, who knows where God will take me, but I will go wherever I feel Him leading.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their support during this process.  Specifically my Bishop, my vocation directors, and my family, but everyone else as well.

Peace,
Adam

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding the path that is right for you. Wish you all the best and please share the link if you decide to continue to blog.
    Best, Desiree Bates (Bonsack)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I knew of this change prior to this post. As I write this it's six months after the post. I know you're doing well in your life. Thank you Adam for all the pleasure and pride you bring.

    ReplyDelete