Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer update 2012


Wow, I just looked and it has been about two months since I have posted.  I have thought about putting up a post many times but I want to write a good one and I just haven’t been able to find the time with the way that my summer has been going.  So I decided just now that I will sit down and pound out a quick post to have something new up here.  I am still hoping to find time to finish writing about my wonderful experience with CRS in Burkina Faso this past February, but that has not happened yet.  It will and I will make sure to make those posts good.  Please continue to pray for the people of Burkina Faso as they are indeed enduring a drought and food crisis as predicted.  If you hear about the food crisis in the Sahel that is a region of which Burkina Faso is just a part.

So, since my last post I had a couple of weeks that were supposedly down time, catching up on a lot of little things is more accurately what I did.  I then had my interview with St. Paul seminary.  It was a much simpler process there than when I went to interview at Mundelein.  At Mundelein there had been 3 separate interviews with 2 people each.  The interview in St. Paul was one interview with 3 people and took about an hour.  Sitting in was the vice rector, a member of the academic faculty, and a member of the spiritual faculty.  The interview went well, and before I left I was told that they were going to recommend me for acceptance.  I received my acceptance letter a few weeks later.

After my interview I went up to northern Minnesota to visit relatives and relax a bit.  It was a great trip which I was able to end by going over to Superior Wisconsin to see a friend ordained as a priest.  After returning from that trip I spent a bit more time getting little things that I had been delaying done and then we had to get going with staff week at the Boy Scout camp.  It was a great staff week, we had about half the staff as new staff members and the rest were returning from the past.  Because this is my second year here I had a better clue what is going on and was able to have more fun with it. 

Scouts started coming right after the staff week.  It has been an interesting year for the homesick aspect that I deal with.  The first week was my busiest week and then the second week was my least busy week for dealing with homesickness.  I think it was because the first week had bad weather at the beginning of the week that a lot of the guys started out not liking it here.

Since then my weeks have been about normal.  We had the week of the Independence Day off.  I started the week by going to the wedding for one of my best friends.  It was a very special occasion.  I was so happy for her.  It was on my birthday and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my birthday than to see a dear friend get married.   After that I drove to Stevens Point where I spent the week off.  I had a few people ask if turning thirty was hard on me, it wasn’t, just another year. 

The week in Stevens Point was terribly hot, so I didn’t do as much outdoors as I had wanted to, but I found plenty to keep me busy.  I ended the week by spending a bit of time with the priest that Baptized me.  He is assigned to our Diocesan mission parish in Bolivia, but was home for a while and subbed in at Newman.  I was able to talk to him some and go to dinner with him, so that was nice.

I am now back at camp and have a couple of weeks left.  We are done at the end of July and then in early August I will go to Indiana for a wedding of another of my best friends (I have a lot of really close friends that I just consider them all best friends)  I am the best man in this wedding, so that is pretty exciting.  I will then have a bit of down time in August before going up to St. Paul Seminary on August 30th.
Well, that is a brief catch up, sorry it has been so long, and I will try to write again sooner.
Peace,
Adam

1 comment: